Why I chose a village setting for Descendants Of The Curse



I've always loved small picturesque villages. Life seems so much more relaxed than the hustle and bustle of where I live and it's somewhere that I'd like to move to one day but my kids disagree. They think that it would be boring and leave them feeling isolated, much like the characters in the book having to make their own entertainment which goes horribly wrong.
When I think of villages, I can't help but recall episodes of Midsomer murders, or films like Hot Fuzz. In fact village life is depicted as quite entertaining on both television and the big screen and this was my inspiration for the book. Small villages are the prime candidate for skeletons in the closet and age old secrets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from the book

Survival

Secrets and lies