Snippet



Here is another excerpt from the book for you.


“So I thought we’d start with the traditional what are your deepest fears. Then move on to the summoning” Issac says holding the candle next to his grinning face which casts eerie shadows across his features.
“Let’s start with the new girl. Its only polite to honour our guest” Selene says. Imogen hugs herself tighter and nods in acceptance of the challenge.
“When I was little my father accidently locked me in the hallway cupboard. I was looking for my wellington boots to play out in the garden. He didn’t notice me and shut the door as he walked past. There was no handle on the inside for me to open the door and I was trapped in there for hours in complete darkness. Things kept brushing against me every time I moved I thought it was a thousand spiders crawling all over me. I screamed until my voice was hoarse but nobody heard me. Since that day I can’t stand to be in confined spaces and I’m not a huge fan of the dark either” Imogen admits.
“How old were you?” Naomi asks confused.
“Six” she replies.
 “Do you live in a mansion? How could nobody have heard you?” Naomi adds perplexed by her story.
“Yeah where the hell were your parents?” Selene asks. Imogen lowers her gaze for a moment and sighs

“My parents were heavy drinkers. It wasn’t unusual for them to forget about me. When they finally realised I was gone it was past midnight,” She says lifting her gaze to see their reaction. She is regarded with faces that are filled with suspicion and disbelief. Isla notices a glint of mischief shining in Harvey’s eyes and dread fills her of what he may be planning.
“How tragic. Okay my turn. I’ve suffered this recurring dream for many years now and it always ends the same. I’m with this hot woman and were getting down and dirty. I’m just about to take the plunge and boom… the bedroom door flies open and her husband is standing there. I mean he’s absolutely livid. I jump off the bed and grab my clothes while she’s trying to calm him down but then the guy pulls out a shiny silver gun and bam! He shoots me square in the chest. I wake up sweating and panting only to find that I’m not in my bed. The silk lining surrounding me is the tip off. I mean I see it every fucking day at the parlour and then I’m in motion. It starts to get real hot. I thumpmy fist on the lid but that damn organ music is so loud and then things start melting. The silk sticks to my skin like a cobweb and my arse is literally on fire. I lift my hand to see the flesh is peeling from my bones and then I wake up” Harvey says his expression deadly serious.

“That’s sick” Naomi says in disgust.
“True story. My deepest fear is being burned alive and what a way to go” Harvey grins pleased with the distasteful glares that surround him. Imogen shuffles away from Harvey his story having doused her earlier flame of desire for him. The blanket snags on her loafer as she moves. She attempts to straighten it but only succeeds in causing dust particles to scatter up into the air. Harvey coughs and glares in her direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from the book

Survival

Secrets and lies